Calculate your caloric needs
Your body needs energy to carry out daily activities. This energy comes from the foods we eat. These foods are measured in units of calories. The following calculator is to be used for maintenance.
Understanding Caloric Needs
We all need to know what our calories do to aid our recovery, and growth phases.
There points we should take note:
- To lose weight we should be in a deficit of calories -500 is a good figure to go from but ensure you have enough calories to function before taking food source amounts away.
- To maintain our weight we should monitor our weight after setting our food levels each week once your weight stabilises you should be at your maintenance level take a look at our Average Calorie Chart
- To Increase your weight you can use the +500 this should add 1lb per week of body weight if the environment is correct.
- Calories from Fat =9 and Calories from Protein and Carbohydrates =4 .
- Example is on average 10g of Fat from 100g of steak = 90 calories + 24g Protein= 96 total from 100g steak =186 calories
FEW EXAMPLES OF CALORIE AMOUNTS
Calories in common Fruits
Calories in common Foods
Calories in common Vegetables
Calories in common Beverages
|Diet Coke||1 cup||3|
|Milk, low-fat||1 cup||104|
|Orange Juice||1 cup||115|